Do's & Dont's
August 25-27th 2023, Muncaster Castle CA18 1RQ UK
- Recycle! We aim to be an eco-friendly festival - so please deposit any recyclables in the bins throughout the grounds and leave the campsite and festival as you found it.
- Bring your pets! Dogs are more than welcome at Krankenhaus, as long as they’re on a lead in the venue areas. But please pick up after them! There will be a best-of-fest dog competition.
- Be prepared! Make sure you’ve got all your tents, sleeping-bags, loo rolls and wet wipes. And bring torches or keep your phone charged as there are dark places on site! And don’t forget, British weather is as changeable as, well, the weather - so remember to pack for the heat, rain and the cold!
- Show your pride! Krankenhaus Festival prides itself on being a safe space for all LGBTQ+ communities.
- BYOB! You’re more than welcome to bring your own drinks to the festival - enough for personal consumption within reason - however you won’t be allowed to bring these into the arena. Also please make sure they are all in plastic bottles or cans. We will have a fully stocked bar with ales, craft beers, spirits etc.
- Park sensibly! Please do not park on the roads around the Castle and Barn. There are narrow country lanes that if blocked would cause major inconvenience for locals, emergency services and the artists and traders. For weekend overnight parking, please use the main car park as signposted. Parking tickets can be purchased online in advance. For those of you staying further away, you can park in the daytime for free in the car park.
- Please respect the environment, animals and birds of the Castle grounds and the surrounding country and seaside. Abide by signs, keep to paths and use common sense.
- We want everyone to have a good time at Krankenhaus - and we do mean everyone. We have a zero tolerance of any racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic behaviours. Anyone caught exhibiting such behaviours will be ejected from the festival with no warnings given.
- Smoking inside and in enclosed spaces is a no from us. We’re sure you’re aware of the 2007 law by now, so please adhere to smoking regulations at the festival.
- Drugs. No thanks. we operate a zero tolerance policy when it comes to illicit substances. Anyone found dealing drugs will be evicted from the festival and details may be passed on to police.
- For the firestarters, please leave the pyrotechnics to us! Small camping stoves are fine (provided they are away from flammable tents) but BBQ’s and fires are not allowed on site. We will have controlled fires in the courtyard during the weekend but ask that you do not start any of your own.
- No glass please! Security will search for and dispose of any glass bottles etc. on entry, so remember to transfer your tipple into reusable bottles, or stick with good old cans.
- Although music is, of course, the cornerstone of the festival, we kindly ask that you leave the entertainment and tunes to us. Please leave any sound systems/hi-fi’s etc. at home.
- Prohibited items include knives, weapons and explosives.