Do's & Dont's
August 25-27th 2023, Muncaster Castle CA18 1RQ UK
- Recycle! We aim to be an eco-friendly festival - so let’s make our planet proud. Please take all of your rubbish with you when you leave, and deposit any recyclables in the bins throughout the grounds.
- Bring your pets! Dogs are more than welcome at Krankenhaus, as long as they’re on a lead in the venue areas. But please pick up after them! There will be a best-of-fest dog competition.
- Be prepared! Make sure you’ve got all your tents, sleeping-bags, loo rolls and wet wipes. And bring torches or keep your phone charged as there are dark places on site! And don’t forget, British weather is as changeable as, well, the weather - so remember to pack for the heat, rain and the cold!
- Show your pride! Krankenhaus Festival prides itself on being a safe space for all LGBTQ+ communities.
- BYOB! You’re more than welcome to bring your own drinks to the festival - enough for personal consumption within reason - however you won’t be allowed to bring these into the arena. Also please make sure they are all in plastic bottles or cans.
- Please park sensibly. For weekend overnight guests, there is a car park next to the Old Barn and tickets can be purchased online in advance. For those of you staying further away, you can park in the daytime for free in the car park Please do not park on the roads around the Castle and Barn. There are narrow country lanes that if blocked would cause major inconvenience for locals, emergency services and the artists and traders.
- Please respect the environment, animals and birds of the Castle grounds and the surrounding country and seaside. Abide by signs, keep to paths and use common sense.
- We want everyone to have a good time at Krankenhaus - and we do mean everyone. We have a zero tolerance of any racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic behaviours. Anyone caught exhibiting such behaviours will be ejected from the festival with no warnings given.
- Smoking inside and in enclosed spaces is a no from us. We’re sure you’re aware of the 2007 law by now, so please adhere to smoking regulations at the festival.
- Drugs. No thanks. we operate a zero tolerance policy when it comes to illicit substances. Anyone found dealing drugs will be evicted from the festival and details may be passed on to police.
- For the firestarters, please leave the pyrotechnics to us! Camping stoves are fine (provided they are away from flammable tents) but bonfires and open BBQs are a no for the safety of others.
- No glass please! Security will search for and dispose of any glass bottles etc. on entry, so remember to transfer your tipple into reusable bottles, or stick with good old cans.
- Although music is, of course, the cornerstone of the festival, we kindly ask that you leave the entertainment and tunes to us. Please leave any sound systems/hi-fi’s etc. at home.
- Prohibited items include knives, weapons and explosives.